Thursday, October 28, 2010

This morning Alex was getting ready for a job fair and I went in to see how he was getting along with his hair, which is in need of a cut. (Always seems that an opportunity arrives when he needs a haircut, same for me I guess) Anyway, he was standing there in his slacks and a t-shirt and for a second I thought, he is a man. Not the Family Guy t-shirt wearing college guy I sometimes think of him as. In that moment he was a man preparing to go into the world and find a better job to support his family. I got kind of teary eyed and so proud when I saw him at this moment.
I remember many times seeing my dad at home in his undershirt and slacks eating dinner with us after work about to  help one of us finish a project or getting ready in the morning signing a permission slip to something. These are such heart warming memories for me. When I saw Alex this morning in that same family man attire I gained more respect for him as a man, more love for him as the man I am married to and more will to be as supportive to his decisions and sacrifices as his wife.

1 comment:

papa2four said...

You are SO much a product of your old father! Absolutely Uncanny!!