Thursday, January 13, 2011

This Year.

This Year- Is going to be great! I just know it is. 
The end of 2010 was pretty crazy. We lost Alex's grandmother to medical complications a week before Christmas which was difficult on the O'Brien Family. It was nice to see family we hadn't seen in a while but it was unfortunate it was under sad circumstances. It was rather sudden and unexpected. I turned 30 this past Christmas and had a joyful celebration with my family. I was also sick pretty much all of December due to an awful sinus infection so some of the month is a fog to me. Alex and I had planned to just stay home and have a nice quiet new years eve party for two, watch some movies and of course watch the ball drop in New York City. Around noon the cable went out and wasn't expected to come on til the following Wednesday. I probably over reacted a but to the news but I was really looking forward to watching celebration in the streets in NYC. We searched for an hour online for coverage but could find anything in our time zone. So we were stuck with whatever was on the DVR and our DVD collection. At midnight we said farewell to 2010, gave each other a kiss and Alex was snoring by 12:10am. Poor thing had to be at Starbucks to open the store at 5:30am. Who was going to be at Starbucks at 6am on New Years Day!? Since the cable was still out I couldn't even watch the Rose Parade...That evening we went to my parents to have menudo and tamales. Yum! We all played Apples to Apples, listened to great music and enjoyed each others company. It is times like that that I feel SO blessed. I love being with my whole family and it was the perfect way to bring in the new year!











So I am FINALLY starting to feel better and am looking forward to all that 2011 is going to bring. Surely there will be challenges and difficulties but I am even more sure they will all be worth it. I am already experiencing some, but again, I know it will be worth it! I did not make a list of resolutions, I didn't even think about it really. I have so much else on my mind and know myself that I didn't take the time. A few things I am going to work on this year though are continuing to remain positive and not to worry so much, especially about things I can't control and build my Etsy site and hopefully earn some extra cash. So HELLO 2011! Bring it on!
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller 

No comments: