Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Reelin' in the years, Stowin' away the time

Tonight was a great evening. Alex and I broke out the new grill pan he got me for Christmas and grilled up shrimp, scallops and peppers and listened to the 70's play list on the iPod (I am so lucky to have married a man that shares my love for that usually hated music decade).  Dinner was so DELICIOUS!  The grill pan worked great and everything was cooked perfectly. It made me long for summer barbecues and warm nights.  I decided this morning to make a special dinner tonight for Alex because he has the next three days off and has been working so hard lately. I especially thought to make a nice dinner for him because to today when I went to visit him for lunch he got into quite a disgusting fight with a trash can full of coffee grounds and I felt SO awful for him. (As I write Peter Frampton - Show Me the Way is playing and he is swaying to the music... love it!) As I stood there watching him clean up the mess I felt so bad and helpless. I wanted to tell him, "I'll do it..." but of course i can't do that for him at work...Anyway so we made dinner together, danced a little in the kitchen to some Bee Gee's and  felt back in the groove of things. Again, nights like tonight I wish could be every night but because they are not, that is what makes them so special. After dinner we just sat and talked about the day, highs and lows. No television, just the mystical sultry sounds of the 70's in the background and there was no where else I would have rather been. I try to take a mental video clip of moments like this because they are so amazing. I know that even without trying though I will always remember them clear as day.
Tomorrow is a new day, probably just run some errands together, but you never know....Snick has a grooming appointment so I'm sure tomorrow will include some Golden Spoon while we wait :)