Sunday, June 27, 2010

It's a dirty job, but someone has got to do it...

So we have an old school wall unit air condition in our living room that sticks out on our patio and leaks water while it runs. I also have a small little trash can close to it. Well, I didn't realize that for the past few days the air conditioner had been leaking the water into the trash can (filled with trash). Not bad trash, just plant clippings, dryer fuzz and bits of paper...I just noticed the water in the can yesterday so I asked Alex if he could empty it for me. The screen door opened and I heard a gagging sound. Not good. The smell from that trash can was so awful! I wouldn't have been able to do it myself. He used some old (well, now they're old) BBQ tongs to remove the content first and then he took it outside to dump the swap water. He bleached the little can, took out the trash and made it all smell better. Thank God for husbands. Someone has to do the gross jobs...

No comments: