Monday, June 28, 2010

Ultimate Get Nothing Done Day...except thank God, again, for a great husband

I was having a really bad day today. Nothing in particular, just having a blah day. Well, maybe a few things in particular...trying to think of an activity for us in Santa Barbara for our anniversary- on a budget; my back and when this pain will go away and Alex's dumb boss. So there, a few things. I also woke up with an awful headache which is NO way to start a day! So I had been moping around the house, trying to motivate myself to finish various projects I have going (when do I not have a project going...?) and I ended up spending most of the time on the couch with my index finger and thumb firmly pressed against my temples. At 3pm Alex and I realized we hadn't eaten anything yet except toast and coffee, he had a chiropractic appointment so he said when he came back he would make us...lunch? He stopped at the store on the way home to get milk and we had Toy Story shaped mac and cheese...after lunch I could smell cake cooking and I asked Alex if he was making a cake and he said (in a little boy voice), "You're not supposed to smmeelllll!"....ok. So about an hour later I came around the hall corner and there he was standing with a frosted, double layer cake! He said,"You're always making me things so I thought I would try to make you something." ....awwww! So we had cake for dinner and watched Jeopardy. And he even washed all the dishes! He was so proud for his efforts and I was even more proud. Knowing that he even just thought about it while he was at the store makes me get a lump in my throat. He asks me all the time, "what can I do for you?" when i am feeling bad or when my back is hurting me and I always say, I don't know or nothing, I'm fine and this time he just did something on his own and that tiny little thing meant so much. He kept saying, "Sorry it's not perfect." All I could think was, even if it didn't bake all the way through I still would have loved it. He really did do a great job! The fact that it was a double layer really impressed me! haha. I love him so  much and today was just one of many days I know I will remember in my mental notebook. When we're old and gray, today will mean as much to me then as it did today, probably more. As my dad would say, it's one that I will bottle up and want to open up again and again.

No comments: