Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Happy Day!

Today we had our third prenatal appointment for screenings and we got to see Baby O. again! He/She was VERY active in the womb, flip flopping around, waving to us and shaking it's little legs. A little camera shy, every time the tech tried to catch a glimpse of the face or profile he/she would quickly flip over and show us their back! I could have laid there all morning watching our little baby move around. I laughed a few times because I was so happy and I wondered if the baby knew I was being entertained by them already.
I will be 12 weeks tomorrow and I must admit even though this first trimester has been a little rough I am kind of sad for it to be over. Now we are 1/3 of the way there! I'm feeling a little better than I was last week; last week there must have been a growth spurt or somethin' cause I went from feeling a lot better to feeling like week 7 again...hopefully I will continue feeling better and gaining more of my appetite and energy back!
Currently, sense of smell violators are...pizza, basil, anything with 'italian seasoning' smell, pretty much anything with pasta sauce, still sandwich meat, raw meat, chicken (cooked and raw) and anything fried, blah. I find if I eat anything dairy or drink milk (which I am trying to do to get my calcium intake) I get that "gaggy feeling" more quickly...This week so far I have been eating, fruit popsicle (particularly wanting "paletas" those Mexican fruit bars, I have yet to find a bell ringing ice cream hombre), salads, lots of apple and cranberry juice (half water/half juice), ice ( I used to like room temp. water, now I must have ice in everything), fruit, fruit and more fruit (apples, kiwis, melons, cherries) oh, and Alex went to buy me a little white cake with butter-creme frosting from Albertsons...one random craving :)
Still not sleeping too well at night, the faintest sounds wake me up, including Alex moving and snoring and the Snick moving around and licking her chops. So really, neither Alex or I are getting great sleep because I nudge him to turn over at least five times a night. Sorry hunny-bunny...
I look forward to beginning my second trimester this week and enjoying it, as many other mothers say this will be the best one!
In other Busy Bee news, Alex is in 'finding career' mode. We are expecting a lot of other changes, besides just the baby, over the next couple months (hopefully sooner). So many things going on right now! I am enjoying the excitement of the unknown and expecting the best! He has been working so hard at his graphic design/animation portfolio and a big interview coming up in a week or so. I am so proud of him! He is going to be a great dad! He was so thrilled today seeing the baby move around and he kept saying all day what a proud father he was already. Well, I know Baby O. will be just as proud of his daddy one day ;)

11 weeks 6 days (head is the right, kinda see nose and eyes, body is left)

2 comments:

papa2four said...

I'm getting more excited with each passing day too!!

Belinda O'Brien said...

:)