Thursday, September 1, 2011

Week 13: Into the 2nd trimester!

I am 13 weeks and 1 day today! A few fun facts about Baby O. he/she is the size of a peach, has fingerprints now and vocal cords are finishing their development. Tuesday we had our fourth prenatal appointment, it seemed mainly just a check up but then Alex asked if we were going to see the baby again and the doctor said, no, but that we would get to hear the heartbeat via a fetal doppler. At first I was a little bummed, we had been so lucky to see the baby every week, but hearing the heartbeat so loud and clear was equally such a thrill! We both waited (Alex had his phone ready to record the amazing sound) until the doctor got a clear sound and when we heard the strong 'woosh whoosh' we looked at each other in amazement that that was our baby! The heartbeat was 149bpm and by that the doctor predicts a boy! PREDICTS! We are not going to find out the sex of Baby O. until he/she makes their appearance sometime in March so we have to make sure that we let every ultrasound tech know! Again, I could have laid there all day and listened to my baby's heartbeat all morning, in fact every morning when I check my emails, I replay the recording and listen with a huge smile on my face. Hearing the fast little beat made everything seem so much more real and again it just reinforced my want to do everything as perfect as I can for them. I was SO emotional Tuesday, so happy! Hearing that heartbeat took away every worry and concern. That became my focus and I hope Baby O. could feel how happy he/she made me and their father. That afternoon I was doing some work on the computer and listening to my ipod and every other song that came on made me feel like crying! I tried to not let Alex see me because I didn't want him to think something was wrong and then...Silver and Gold (from Rudolph) came on and I lost it! I was just overwhelmed with happiness, thinking about holidays with Baby O. and how excited I was to bake with them, shop, decorate the tree and all the fun Christmas-y things I have been wanting to do with my children. Then again I started thinking about my love/hate relationship with time and I just got overwhelmed. Baby O.'s not even born yet and I don't want them to grow up! This could be really bad.
With my first trimester finished I feel a bit sad, like it's all going so fast. I am feeling much better, getting my appetite and energy back and for that I am extremely thankful. I am still having a few food aversions and cravings...this weeks cravings: beef and broccoli, grapes (only from a specific booth at the San Dimas Farmers Market though), mashed potatoes and still salad and fruit. Food aversions continue to be sandwich meat, pizza/marinara sauce and anything fried... I also feel like by hitting the second trimester it is a bit of a triumph. 1/3 of the way there! I don't know of the nesting phase is hitting me early or if it just because I haven't spent too much time cleaning and organizing lately, but I have (happily) been cleaning the last two days. I am ready to start making room for baby and start showing if my slight bump. Time is already flying and I just want it to slow down!


2 comments:

crackerjackgirl said...

I'm so excited for you Belinda!!! Your little baby will bring you so much joy! It all begins with a heartbeat! Wait til those little fingers are clinging to your finger, and that sweet baby smell! Ohh- I love that smell! Enjoy the ride!

papa2four said...

Reading your posts makes me "Happy Speechless"!... and I know you know what I mean! Love you!!!