Monday, May 21, 2012

A Moment in Time

Liam is now 10 weeks and 2 days old and weighs 13lbs. He is getting bigger and smarter everyday and everyday my love for him grows. He is very interested in picture frames on the walls and lights. He quickly recognizes his Mama and Daddy and loves to chit chat with us. He is starting to get on a little schedule, I think...He goes to sleep around 9pm (which means I try to go to sleep within the hour...) wakes around 3am and then at 7am, in which I stay up for the day. We are slowly but surely feeling more and more comfortable with our little roommate and his schedule. Either the effect of sleep deprivation is lessening or we are accustomed to four to five hours of sleep...He did sleep the whole night through last Wednesday, but, I think the fact that we both fell asleep in the recliner and he slept on the chest the whole night had a little to do with it... ;p
Liam got his first cold a couple weeks ago which broke my heart! He had such a hard time and I could sense his frustration! I just wanted to blow his nose for him! So we became quickly familiar with the bulb suction thing and had to give him saline drops a few times a day. I hardly slept the first few night because I was so afraid he would choke or stop breathing, his poor little nose was so stuffed :(
We celebrated my first Mother's Day last Sunday at Audra and Scott's house, as we were house sitting for them while they went to Colorado. Alex made a big breakfast for me and let me scrapbook to hearts content. Liam and Alex got me an adorable silver ring with Liam's name printed into it and a Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf gift card :) I didn't get too much scrapbooking done because as all you Mama's know, you are never really off the hook...but I appreciated the gesture and got as much done as I could. I also got to spend the evening with my amazing Mama!


First Mother's Day - May 13, 2012        





Last night I made a nice dinner for Alex and I, shrimp scampi and nice garden salad. I actually set the dinner table with something other than paper plates and we ate with nice music playing and Liam swinging nearby. Dinner was so delicious and the ambiance, of course, made me shed a few happy tears. Just seeing Liam there happily watching us eat dinner from his swing made me excited for him to eat at the table for us one day and tell us how his day was. I was in a 'moment' that I had hoped for my whole life. My wonderful husband across from me and my beautiful baby watching us, US! his mother and father! I could hear the shutter sound in my head while the image was super imposed into my memory and as much as I tried to hold back the ridiculous tears over this moment that happens to many many people all over the world, I just couldn't help it. I guess I just really stop, and take in the moment, when so many others don't. You may be thinking, "My goodness, what an emotional sap Belinda is..." Well, I am. And I'm darn proud of it too. I was bad before, and now since Liam, it's gotten a thousand times...better! I hear songs (country in particular) on the radio and I can't even finish singing because that lump in my throat just blocks any sound from continuing. Sometimes I'm just flooded with happiness!
I still can't get over the joy of being Liam's mother! I don't think I every will!


9 weeks - Tummy Time
Handmade Fuzzy Security Blanket from Grandma
shopping for a sun hat - Old Navy 5/21/12
10 weeks, 2 days

No comments: