Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful

It's Thanksgiving again, and what BLESSINGS have been bestowed upon us this year!!!

Our growing healthy baby boy is on the top of our list this year!
Our Liam Quinn is a daily reminder of God's gifts. I am so thankful that He has chosen Alex and I as his parents. We are captivated by his wonder and innocence everyday. I am extremely thankful that I am allowed the opportunity to be home with him everyday and to to teach him and watch him grow. I may not have fancy clothes or jewelry but to be home with Liam is worth more than any of that could ever amount to.

We are very thankful this year that Alex has gained employment at a fantastic company that is close to home, allowing for more family time and school work. He works so hard everyday, in and out of the home, to provide the best he can for our little family and our future. I am so proud of him and thankful that God brought him (back) into my life. He is a wonderful husband- thoughtful, kind, loving, supportive, generous; and a fabulous father- again, loving, sentimental, tender, sensitive and silly.

Alex and I are both blessed to have wonderful parents. We are both very lucky to have both sets of parents together for over thirty years and who both love and still like each other. Their example of marriage fuels Alex and I's. Their dedication to family gives us a blueprint for our own in which we can only hope to instill our children with the same value and importance of family. We are learning that marriage is not always easy, add into the mix, children and everyday stresses but it is defiantly worth it! The good times far out-weigh the bad! We thank them for all of their love and sacrifices they have made for us and the rest of our families.

I am once again SO thankful for my sisters! Three built in best friends that will be there for me no matter what! I know that if I'm having a bad day I have three guaranteed chances of it getting better through either a simple conversation under the sun or over a burger, beer and some shopping.
I am also very thankful for two great brother in laws who are great compliments to my sisters. I am thankful we all get along and love to be around each other. Nothing makes me, or my parents for that matter, more happy than when we are all together, enjoying each others company.

I am thankful that we have a safe and nice (and BIGGER) place to cal home! I love making a home for my family. I love having family and friends in my home and celebrating the joys of life.

I am thankful that Alex and I are geographically close to family as well. Again, it is reassuring to know there are half a dozen people within ten miles to help with anything at a moments notice!

I am very thankful for this past month and a half that I have gotten to spend with my sister Amanda and nephew Nathan visiting from Florida. I hope the next two years fly by so that we can be in the same state again! It's been nice to have another person who understands Mama problems and Nathan has been so much fun to hang out with and I love hearing him say, "B, I go to your house later." or "Where's Alice?"meaning Alex...I will miss you both SO much!!! We all will.

Finally, I have to say I am thankful for those unanswered prayers and I thank God for knowing what is right and in his timing. This past year, and further, there have been so many things I have prayed for that did not come to fruition. Opportunities that would seem perfect for us but never worked out. I made myself remember, many times, just trust in God's timing, He know what He's doing. We cannot see the future and sometimes we do not know what is best for us. What we think is best is not. I am thankful that God has a better plan for us; the best plan.

I wish everyone a Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving. Remember to be thankful for EVERYTHING in your life, the big things and the small things.

No comments: