Thursday, March 31, 2011

Here Comes The Sun!

The past few days have been so awesome...and it's only Friday!
I love the cold cozy days of winter, but I am definitely a California girl because I LOVE the sun! I love waking up to the sunshine and feeling the warmth on my shoulders. I don't want the weather man to be right and see clouds the next few days...at least I know weather like this will most defiantly return.

Wednesday Alex and I had the day together and since it was such a beautiful spring day we visited the Rancho Santa Ana Botanical Gardens here in Claremont, walked around, enjoyed the fresh air, birds chirping and squirrels the size of Snickers! They are a beautiful 84 acres of California native plants with paths and park benches to sit and enjoy the surroundings. (pictures to come, the camera is Alex's car and I keep forgetting to get it out) We ran a few errands after and that evening had a delicious steak dinner on the patio! FINALLY! I love eating outside and enjoying the sunset. It is so relaxing and calming; to me it is a perfect way to end the day. The sky that night looked like a painting, the way the clouds were strewn across the sky in magnificent shades of pink and purple.

North 

North West

North

North West        


































































I think Snickers even enjoyed the warm evening!


































After dinner Alex and I wrote in our anniversary journal. We had fun reminiscing over the last year and a half, about our wedding, firsts as husband and wife...for a few moments everything was just right, another evening to bottle up.

















Yesterday my sister, Clara, came to visit. We soaked up some sun by the pool, gossiped and had great laughs. That evening I showed her how to make a replicated recipe that we love from Buca di Beppo while watching reality and crime show television. I love having my sisters over. I wish we all could hang out more together. I am so blessed to have these three best friends. There are a few quotes about sisters I would like to share that truly touch my heart and make me chuckle...

"What's the good of news if you haven't a sister to share it with?" - Toni Morrison

"To the outside world we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each others hearts.We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs an joys. We live outside the touch of time." - Clara Ortega

and finally...

"If a sister is in a tearing hurry to go out and cannot catch your eye, she is wearing your best sweater."
-Pam Brown

There are many others, but I will save them for more posts.

So this morning I got up, went to the gym, then rewarded myself by sitting out by the pool for a bit this morning to get my Vitamin D.

















Looking forward to the rest of the day and another great evening.

No comments: