Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Photobucket

 I was just browsing through my old Photobucket account and found pictures I hadn't seen since months after they were taken. Pictures of family vacations, old friends old boyfriends and then, the man who would become my husband! I remember the first time Alex sent me flowers at work (I was thrilled because no one had ever sent me flowers except my Papa) and a woman I worked with said, "Ya know, the first man who ever sent me flowers at work turned out to be my husband." I thought to myself, 'uh, I don't know about that...' And here we are....(smiley face)!
Strange what time does, it ages you, changes your feelings and views and just keeps on ticking. I see the pictures and I can remember how I felt at the time they were taken. I remember that without those past experiences I wouldn't be who or where I am today. I remember that God knows your path and leads you through it. There is a reason for it all. I look at the photos and think, at that time, I didn't know what the future held and now, here I am sitting in it. I want to take a picture now and remember this moment and in five or six years from now see if where I thought I would be is where I am. The things I worried about then seem so dumb now. I look younger and it makes me want to appreciate the beauty I have because one day I know it will fade...Thinking about Elizabeth Taylor, who passed away today, and her life and her beauty. Pictures of her all over the news from National Velvet days to most recently, old a frail. She was so beautiful!  I hope she soaked in all her old Hollywood glamor days.
Time goes so fast as I am realizing that more and more everyday. I try so hard to make it last longer, but it seems the more I try the faster it goes.
Here's to the past, the present and the future.

No comments: