Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Signs of Spring

The weather has been so nice lately and my seedlings are beginning to sprout! I went out to water my patio garden this afternoon and saw this little guy, obviously missed the main 'growing area' but growing nonetheless.


These are nasturnum seedlings, vibrant, orange, red and yellow vine like flowers. They spread easily with the breeze and can make your yard or garden even more gorgeous scattered wherever they fall. They are beautiful and last throughout summer. I have noticed all kinds of signs of spring on the patio, birds flying around (which reminds me I need to hang my hummingbird feeder) and more green leaves sprouting on plants I thought may have been destroyed by the unusually cold nights we had the last couple of months. I'm glad I kept them and gave them a second chance!


I love the bright colors of the flowers my Mom helped me plant this season. I LOVE LOVE LOVE these purple and orange pansies, they are not too common and are so pretty. Also in the hanging flower box are ranunculus (which are another one my favorite springtime flowers) and snapdragons. The sprouting plant above is an orange lantana which I have actually had for a few years and every spring it comes back to life stronger than the year before. I love going out every morning with my watering can and discovering a new sprout or growth of existing plants. I cannot wait to have a whole yard to plant in!






2 comments:

papa2four said...

Great shots of your garden! It really shouts out color, freshness,and TLC! It may be small, but it is obvious to me that the caretaker of this garden must be one who is gentle, kind, and passionate for making even the smallest of God's creations beautiful! Someone... like YOU!!

Belinda O'Brien said...

Thank you Papa! It is so much fun!